Vocation, vocation, vocation! We can’t emphasize it enough! Our callings and relationships are gifts from God, which you’ll discover in our topical spring issue of Higher Things Magazine. Vocation is precisely what Paul is talking about in Ephesians 2:10: “We are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” As always, we start by foundationally understanding who we are as baptized children of God. From there we grapple with the Law and Gospel and where they come into play as we fulfill the various roles we walk in. And finally, we tackle a question that you have probably asked yourself at one time or another: “What do I do with my life?” From cover to cover, you’ll notice a recurring theme: Through faith in Christ, we have the freedom to live out our vocations for the good of our neighbor!
- #whoami – By Rev. George F. Borghardt
- Free in Christ-Slave in Christ – By Rev. Donavon Riley
- Called to Receive: The First Table – By Rev. Eric Brown
- Called to Serve: The Second Table – By Rev. Aaron T. Fenker
- Jesus for You, Jesus Through You – By Rev. Harrison Goodman
- Vocational Variety: God’s Wisdom for Women – By Deaconess Ellie Corrow
- Called to Deliver: The Pastoral Ministry – By Rev. Rich Heinz
- So What Do I Do with My Life? – By Rev. Mark Buetow
- Catechism: Three Orders: Table of Duties – By Rev. William M. Cwirla
Check out this issue and the others on higherthings.org. With your HT-Online Account, you also gain access to every issue of Higher Things® Magazine ever printed along with Bible Studies and Leaders’ Guides for many of the articles. Print copies of the magazine will be arriving in your mailbox soon. You can subscribe to the print edition of the magazine at http://higherthings.org/magazine/subscriptions.