To apply for this position, please email your current resume with a cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, Sept 25, 2018.
Are you a super organized, self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision, and good at not only following policies but explaining them to others? Do you like helping people? And most importantly, do you love Higher Things and want to get more involved? As in, going-to-all-the-conferences-each-summer-involved? Higher Things is looking for a new Conference Registrar!
The Conference Registrar is responsible for all aspects of the Registration process for Higher Things conferences planning. The Conference Registrar reports to the Conference Executive and works in partnership with other organizational leadership to carry out the mission of Higher Things. This is a year-round, part-time position with Higher Things.
Applicants must be a member in good standing of a congregation of The Lutheran Church — Missouri Synod and able to travel to the conference site (s) from Sunday-Friday of the event week and at 1-2 other times per year. Interested parties should email questions and resumes to sandra@higherthings by September 25, 2019. We are seeking to fill this position in early October to begin training and working immediately.
Summary of Position
The Conference Registrar is responsible for all aspects of the Registration process for Higher Things conferences and planning. The Conference Registrar reports to the Conference Executive and works in partnership with other organizational leadership to carry out the mission of Higher Things. This is a year-round, part-time position with Higher Things.
Essential Job Functions
Conference Client Services
- Develop customer-focused relationships with conference group leaders and registrants at all times.
- Evaluate and assesses conference registrant needs and communicate relevant details to the Conference Coordinator or other conference staff, as needed.
- Understand and articulate Higher Things policies, ensuring compliance throughout planning and during conference events.
- Communicate and resolve problems effectively and in a timely manner.
- Verify deposits/payments received and posted by the Business Executive.
- Prepare registration reports as requested by the Conference Coordinator and Conference Executive.
- Review charges and finalize bills; assists in resolves billing disputes. Follow up with groups incurring charges after conferences to pay remaining balances.
Other Assigned Job Functions
- Maintain accurate information in the Higher Things conference registration system.
- Oversee site volunteers at each Conference during the check-in process.
- Maintain regular contact with Group Leaders regarding registration status, add-ons, special needs, etc.
- Establish methods and processes of Registration check-in for each site.
- Oversee check-in/check-out for Exhibitors, Higher Things staff, volunteers, and day-pass attendees.
- Generate status reports for the Conference Coordinator and Executive, as needed.
- Must be a member in good standing of a congregation of The Lutheran Church — Missouri Synod.
- Highly motivated professional who is a self-starter, resourceful, and able to complete tasks independently with minimal supervision, while also able to contribute positively in a team environment, and work successfully with diverse groups of internal and external contacts.
- High level of resilience, flexibility and the ability to adjust to changes readily. Must be able to successfully overcome obstacles and problem-solve.
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects, work under pressure, and demonstrate positive results.
- Must be detailed-oriented and all work must be presented with accuracy.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, and other administrative software systems (preferably OS X).
- Must be available to provide on-site supervision of all conference housing processes and able to accommodate the high demands and workloads resulting from client requests and policy requirements.
- Travel required to the conference site(s) from Sunday-Saturday of the event week and at 1-2 other times throughout a year.