This issue features an assortment of sermons delivered by some of your favorite pastors! Each one submitted to us is a sermon that each pastor felt was especially memorable to preach. Be sure to check out the catechism article by Rev. William M. Cwirla, which zeroes in on how to listen to a sermon. Also, we recommend you read each passage upon which the sermons are based. And as you settle in to read, try to imagine you are hearing these words right from the pulpit. A few of these sermons are available to listen to on our website as well. We hope you enjoy each sermon as you “listen to” (read) Law and Gospel rightly preached—all Jesus—FOR YOU!
Included in this issue:
- The Kingdom Is Yours – By Rev. Aaron T. Fenker
- You Are What You Eat – By Rev. Mark A. Pierson
- Jesus Is the Death of Death – By Rev. Donavon Riley
- There’s No Shame in Baptism – By Rev. Harrison Goodman
- Your Personal Jesus – By Gaven M. Mize
- It’s Not Fair! – By Rev. Richard Heinz
- Is There a Wolf in Your Pulpit? – By Rev. Dr. Matthew Richard
- Beautiful Feet – By Rev. Mark Buetow
- Catechism: Liturgical Catechesis: The Readings and the Sermon – By Rev. William M. Cwirla
Check out this issue with an Higher Things® Magazine Plus subscription at https://higherthings.org/magazine-plus. With your HT® Magazine Plus account, you also gain access to every issue of Higher Things® Magazine ever printed along with Bible Studies and Leaders’ Guides for many of the articles.
Print copies of the magazine will be arriving in your mailbox soon. You can subscribe to the print edition of the magazine at https://higherthings.org/magazine.
Please note: If you a current Higher Things® Magazine Plus (formerly known as HT-Online) subscriber, we have migrated our site to a new platform. This will allow you to better discover all this great content and use it for your devotions and study.
Part of the migration is that you will have to create a new login using the email address used when you signed up to access the content. Follow these steps to restore access:
- Follow this link: Sign in to your account
- On the login window, after “Forgot your password?” Click “Reset It.”
- Enter your email and click “Send me reset instructions.”
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have difficulty restoring your access. You may still access this issue via the previous links: https://higherthings.org/magazine/issues/winter2018/