This special topical issue “The Simul” has one goal in mind: that by the time you’ve read this magazine cover to cover you will have a solid handle on exactly what simul justus (or iustus) et peccator—simultaneously saint and sinner—is and what its implications are for you as a Christian. Not only that, we hope you’ll be passionately reminded to daily embrace your identity as a baptized child of God and be confident that it is Christ’s work and gifts that will sustain you in your battle weariness this side of Heaven. It is in Him you receive forgiveness in abundance and through His Word you encounter the reality of your true victory in Christ.
Included in this issue:
- Simul 101 – By Rev. George F. Borghardt
- The Law Is for You Even Now – By Rev. Aaron T. Fenker
- The Simul in the Old Testament – By Rev. Donavon Riley
- On Being “Simul”—New Software on Old Hardware – By Rev. William M. Cwirla
- Christianity: Secret Battles & Inner Peace – By Rev. Harrison Goodman
- Well, Do You Believe or Not? Yes! Help! – By Rev. Mark Buetow
- Good Guy or Bad Guy? – By Rev. Samuel Schuldheisz
- Find Your Rest – By Rev. Gaven M. Mize
- Catechism: Liturgical Catechesis: Why Liturgy? – By Rev. William M. Cwirla
Receive a bonus digital-only article with your Magazine + (formerly HT-Online) subscription!
- A Victorious Life? – By Rev. Eric J. Brown
Check out this issue with an Higher Things® Magazine + subscription at https://higherthings.org/magazine-plus. With your HT® Magazine + account, you also gain access to every issue of Higher Things® Magazine ever printed along with Bible Studies and Leaders’ Guides for many of the articles.
Print copies of the magazine will be arriving in your mailbox soon. You can subscribe to the print edition of the magazine at https://higherthings.org/magazine.