At conferences, you’ve seen the corps of college aged young adults in their colorful staff shirts. The College Conference Volunteers (CCVs) play in integral role on the conference staff. They work hard and play even harder! You see them helping at registration, during breakaways, running from place to place to complete their missions. They do even more that you don’t see! They help with set-up before conference groups arrive on site and take things down after everyone has left.
But what is it that’s so great about being a CCV? With the help of the 2013 From Above CCVs we’ve compiled this Top 10 List:
- Making new life-long, college aged, friends from all over the country.
- Late night runs to Steak-n-Shake or In-and-Out Burger.
- CCVs get to be super energetic really early in the morning!
- Four days surrounded by people who share your faith and beliefs.
- Get to give back to Higher Things for the enriching teaching, preaching, and friendships that they received as youth.
- Be positive role models for high school youth.
- Be instrumental in conferences running smoothly during the week.
- Still get to participate in all the Worship, Word and Fun that makes an HT Conference an HT Conference!
- Get to spend time with awesome Lutheran Pastors and conference staff.
- Receiving the gifts of God and being able to serve your neighbor.
This year Higher Things received the most CCV applications ever! Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we were not able to accept everyone who applied.
We are excited to announce the 2013 From Above CCVs:
Scranton, PA – June 25th – 28th
- Rachel Anderson – Gonzales , LA
- Kayla Bransky – Marengo, IL
- Sarah Drosendahl – Goldsboro, NC
- Bekah Kohlmeier – West Allis, WI
- Sara Scheler – River Forest, IL
West Lafayette, IN – July 9th – 12th
- Kristen Anderson – Baton Rouge, LA
- Megan Bothwell – Moose Lake, MN
- Brennick Christiansen – Grafton, WI
- Minte Christiansen – Grafton, WI
- Stephen Hernandez – Cypress, TX
- Michelle Holowach – Madison, MS
- Melanie Krohn – Council Bluffs, IA
- Naomi Kuddes – Seward, NE
- Emily Miller – Conroe, TX
- Magdalena Olson – Hillsdale, MI
- Kathryn Opperman – Lincoln, IL
- Emma Petersen – Fort Wayne, IN
- Benjamin Robinson – West Lafayette, IN
- Corinne Skalicky – Fort Wayne, IN
- Nicholai Stuckwisch – South Bend, IN
- Andrew Voyles – Salt Lake City, Utah
- Mary Warnke – Dawsonville, GA
- Emily Whitaker – Superior Township, MI
- Matthias Wollberg – Kearney, NE
Tacoma, WA – July 16th – 19th
- Briana Fischer – Loveland, CO
- Elizabeth Hedstrom – Loveland, CO
- Amber Roling – Piedmont, SD
- Ashleigh Sheldon – Loveland, CO
- Ryan Sturzenbecher – Black Hawk, SD
- Jeremiah Sutton – Black Hawk, SD
- Megan Sutton – Black Hawk, SD
We are very thankful for the interest and willingness of these young adults to serve as CCVs. Registration for all three From Above conferences is still open. Register today and see our CCVs in action this summer!