Forty years ago today, one of our beloved founders and the coordinator of our first (“Dying to Live”) and most recent conference (the Feast) was born. To celebrate our Christ on Campus Executive's turning old, we will be unveiling a whole new line of Matrix HT action figures later today. Look for them very soon! Until then, we would like to offer this list of things older than Pastor Zill.....
Things we know for sure are older than Pastor Zill..
1. Dirt and everything in the UW Geology Museum is older than Zill.
2. The Spork (1874) - the combination of fork and spoon is older than Zill!
3. Pastor Zill's Favorite Sports – Football (1879), Baseball (1846), and Basketball (1891) - older, older, older than Zill.
4. Indoor Plumbing was created in ancient Egypt (4000 BC). Zill was born a bit later.
5. Benjamin Franklin discovered electricity in 1752 making it older than Zill.
6. Elvis – (1935 – 1977?) - Whether the King is alive or dead, he's older than Zill.
7. University of Wyoming – Founded in 1886. Yes, the Wyoming Cowboys are older than Zill too!
8. Pastor Cwirla is older than Pastor Zill - but not by much!
9. Pastor Zill's favorite drink is Tequila (1656). Cactus juice is older than Zill.
10. Crackers (1792) – I don't know why they are in the list, I just like crackers! But cracker are older than Zill too!
11. Snakes - Garden of Eden – Adam and Eve's pet gone wild. Yes, the Fall happened before Zill was born.
12. Where Pastor Zill hikes – Vadauwoo is older than Zill (see Gen 1:1)
13. Planes (1903), Trains (1550), and Automobiles (1800s) - all existed before Zill.
14. Ships and Boats (6300 BC) too!
15. The LC-MS (1847) is older than Pastor Zill.
16. Book of Concord (1580) is older than Pastor Zill.
17. Televisions (1928) AND Radio (1902) - both of these pre-date Pastor Zill.
18. $0.31/gal. gasoline (price of gas in 1965).
19. Toilet Paper (China – 1391, first roll was made by Scott Paper in 1890). Yes, Baby Zill used toilet paper. Shocking, eh?
20. The Lord God - He's eternal. That's really older than Zill!
Special thanks to the Pastor Zill's congregation's president for helping us compile this list...